Screened Porch and In-Law Suite
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This compactly designed Colonial home is so efficiently arranged that it incorporates all the features of much larger homes while allowing the construction cost to remain modest.
- The additions of garage and screened porch extend the street facade to an impressive breadth.
- The first impression upon entering the beautifully proportioned foyer is that of a roomy, traditional American home.
- The large living room with curved corners spans the entire left side of the home with two perfectly aligned archways on either side of the foyer.
- Both the living room and the formal dining room are refreshed with healthy cross ventilation.
- The dining room is so designed as to eliminate the need to negotiate table and chairs when moving from one room to another.
- Generous counter space can be found in the kitchen along with a useful floor-to-ceiling pantry.
- Pocket doors close the kitchen off from view when entertaining.
- A triple window bathes the stair landing with light and illuminates the wide second floor passage.
- This passage leads to the three bedrooms and to one of the two bathrooms.
- Both the minor bedrooms enjoy cross ventilation and feature arched alcoves to hold dressers, which would ordinarily protrude into the room.
- The generously-sized master bedroom has cross ventilation, two closets and a private bathroom, completing the upper floor.
- A large roof over a roomy attic will allow for future expansion, and will easily accept the addition of dormers and skylights.
- A beautifully designed lower level in-law suite includes a full kitchen with separate entrances. You can also use this for income as a rental.
- Related Plans: Want a different exterior? See house plans 11610GC and 11611GC. Don't need the lower level? See house plans 11607GC, 11608GC and 11609GC.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,853 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 483 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 665 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 705 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 30' 8"
- Depth: 23' 0"
- Max ridge height: 33' 0"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick