Shingle House Plan with In-Law Suite
About This Plan
- For those who love shingle style homes, this house plan will enchant you with a gambrel roof and lots of dormers.
- Upscale features include arched entryways between rooms, a residential elevator and three levels of living space for your family to spread out in comfort.
- The main living space is the huge family room that has a lovely fireplace flanked by built-ins.
- French doors take you out onto the rear terrace or you can head into the informal area comprised of the kitchen, nook and hearth room set in a bay.
- The well-planned kitchen has two islands, a large walk-in pantry and a pass-through that lets you see into the family room.
- The best feature of the first floor master suite is the giant walk-in closet that has a built-in island for extra storage.
- Each of the three bedrooms on the second floor gets a large walk-in closet and private bathroom.
- The kids can gather in the loft or head to the sunken bonus room to play.
- In-laws have a fabulous setup on the lower level with a huge bedroom and walk-in closet plus a kitchen and their own living room.
- The elevator will take them easily from floor to floor and they have their own outdoor veranda with fireplace as well.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 5,846 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,655 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,608 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,583 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 654 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 83' 9"
- Depth: 79' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1206 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"