Shingle-style House Plan with Symmetry and Openness
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Cedar shingles and stone accent this symmetrical home, where formal living and dining rooms flank the two-story foyer and casual living takes place in back.
- The family room with a fireplace is open to the nook and then to the kitchen, where the angled island includes a snack bar. Special features include a pantry closet, built-in desk and art niche.
- A convenient butler's pantry connects to the service hall and the dining room.
- If desired, an optional pocket door can separate the family room from the living room.
- Upstairs rooms include three family bedrooms and the master suite. Noteworthy in the master suite with its 12-foot high ceiling are a good-sized walk-in closet, spa tub and separate shower.
- Bonus space over the garage allows for expansion.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,500 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,319 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,181 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 371 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 37' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 638 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss