Single Level With Soaring Entry Porch
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Double sets of 8' by 8' square posts support this home plan's soaring entry porch. The shape of its gracefully curved arch is echoed in side windows on the left, as well as in the transom crowning the door and sidelights.
- Other notable exterior features include: a keystone garage door arch, copper roofing over a window bay, and plenty of eye-catching stone veneer.
- This contemporary plan offers nearly 3,000 square feet of indoor living area, about evenly divided between private and gathering spaces.
- With the exception of an upstairs storage area, bonus room and bathroom, this is a single level home.
- Vaulted ceilings enhance the sense of expansiveness in the entry, dining room (or parlor), and great room. In the latter, plenty of natural light spills down through three skylights, and more beams in through windows on both sides of the gas fireplace.
- The bayed nook is sunny, and offers access to a partially covered patio through two sliders at center. The hobby room has patio access.
- In the spacious kitchen, counters and storage areas wrap around three sides.
- Luxury touches in the master suite include: tray ceiling, roomy walk-in closet, and a private bathroom with dual vanity, spa tub, and separately enclosed shower and toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,989 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,542 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 447 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 651 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss