Single Story with Gables Dormers
3 - 4
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Gabled dormers and a railed porch give a country flavor to the house plan. This single-story, 2,300-square-foot family home could be adapted for wheelchair accessibility without much trouble.
- Family living centers around a living room with a fireplace. French doors open onto a deck at the left, and a solarium on the right, and more light streams in through windows that flank the fireplace. A lofty vaulted ceiling makes this bright space feel larger than it is.
- The kitchen is spacious. An eating bar and work island add to the already ample counter space, and a walk-in pantry provides plenty of storage. The counter closest to the dining room is outfitted with a built-in food warmer.
- Potted plants will thrive in the richly illuminated eating nook. It has skylights, windows on one side, and French doors on another.
- Bay windows expand the front-facing rooms. The dining room has a built-in hutch. The other room could be a home office, guest room, den, or studio. Both have vaulted ceilings and feature overhead dormers.
- A dual-compartment bathroom serves the master suite and the guest room. Shower, toilet and a sink are in the outer section, while the private inner section contains the tub, two basins and a huge walk-in closet. Another two-part bathroom serves the two secondary bedrooms.
- Laundry facilities are tucked in a pass-through space that connects the house to a three-car garage with room for storage and a workbench.