Single Story with Gables Dormers
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Gabled dormers and a railed porch give a country flavor to the house plan. This single-story, 2,300-square-foot family home could be adapted for wheelchair accessibility without much trouble.
- Family living centers around a living room with a fireplace. French doors open onto a deck at the left, and a solarium on the right, and more light streams in through windows that flank the fireplace. A lofty vaulted ceiling makes this bright space feel larger than it is.
- The kitchen is spacious. An eating bar and work island add to the already ample counter space, and a walk-in pantry provides plenty of storage. The counter closest to the dining room is outfitted with a built-in food warmer.
- Potted plants will thrive in the richly illuminated eating nook. It has skylights, windows on one side, and French doors on another.
- Bay windows expand the front-facing rooms. The dining room has a built-in hutch. The other room could be a home office, guest room, den, or studio. Both have vaulted ceilings and feature overhead dormers.
- A dual-compartment bathroom serves the master suite and the guest room. Shower, toilet and a sink are in the outer section, while the private inner section contains the tub, two basins and a huge walk-in closet. Another two-part bathroom serves the two secondary bedrooms.
- Laundry facilities are tucked in a pass-through space that connects the house to a three-car garage with room for storage and a workbench.
Basement Stair Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,299 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,299 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 75' 0"
- Depth: 67' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 780 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- Split Bedrooms