Single Story with Solar Intentions
About This Plan
- MORE PHOTOS: Check out more photos of this house in our Facebook and Google+ photo albums.
- This elegant home plan is a carefully thought out single story home designed with a couple or small family in mind. The option for a full unfinished basement gives the plan a serious expandability factor. If the home is built without the basement, the master suite picks up the space currently occupied by the stairwell.
- An angled front entry creates an interesting foyer, and from the exterior sets off three stone and wood columns. The front porch ceiling is vaulted.
- The plan may be built with an interior brick walkway that behaves as solar mass or the hardwood flooring can extend all the way through. The dining and great room are open to each other, with spaces defined by differing ceiling heights and soffit lines.
- The kitchen has a peninsula bar for informal dining as well as a central work island. A two sided butlers pantry accesses the utility room providing two long counter tops for extra work space and substantial cabinetry above and below.
- The master suite is accessed via a shadow hall way from the foyer, insuring privacy from the more public areas of the residence and features a his-and-hers walk in closet system with a laundry drop straight into the utility area.
- Double French style doors access the hall to the secondary bedrooms, accent the adjoining dining area. The hall has built-in shelving that turns the area into a small library, with the second bath door framed into the built-ins. The secondary bedrooms can serve double duty as office spaces and guest sleeping quarters if the residence is for a couple.
- The laundry room serves as a mudroom entry to the garage.
- This energy-efficient house plan is shown with solar panels on its 6/12 sloped roof. These were installed by the homeowner and are not part of the plan package.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,466 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,466 sq. ft.
- Deck: 216 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4 or 2x6
- Width: 69' 0"
- Depth: 63' 6"
- Max ridge height: 18' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 576 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Butler Walk-in Pantry
- CAD Available
- Split Bedrooms
- Photo Gallery