Sliver of a Home Plan
About This Plan
- This sliver of a home can skim into sites where land is a precious commodity. The quaint facade - with its shake shingles, paneled door, and carriage-style garage door - gives is great cottage appeal.
- The front and garage door entrances lead into the foyer where a U-shape staircase connects to the upper level. Beyond the entrance, the kitchen unfolds into a common living and dining room area.
- Without walls for definition, the floor plan's openness counteracts the narrowness of the design. Windows along the sides and a set of French doors at the rear illuminate the living areas, furthering a sense of roominess.
- Two bedrooms border the front and rear ends of the upper-level. The master suite is at the back of the plan with windows that wrap around a bump-out space. This perch provides a panoramic view, ideal in situations where the vista is only available from the second level.
- To conserve floor space, dressers in both bedrooms are built into a recess in the wall and a hall closet houses a stackable washer/dryer unit.
- Related Plans: Get alternate elevations with house plan 6988AM (1,203 sq. ft.), 6989AM (1,228 sq. ft.) and 69575AM (1,572 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,247 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 535 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 712 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 17' 0"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 7"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 222 sq. ft.
- Count: 1 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick