Small Home with Large Heart
About This Plan
- This house plan is a small home with a big heart. Its 'big heart' is actually a roomy, vaulted great room, open to a vaulted kitchen. Standing in this expansive space gives you the feeling of being in a much larger home.
- For those who like porch swings, there's a perfect place for one at the right end of the railed porch.
- Natural light spills into the vaulted entry through a sidelight. Just past the coat closet, you step into the high-ceilinged, vaulted great room. Windows fill most of the rear wall. Two of them are sliders that provide patio access and summer air circulation.
- The kitchen is designed for efficiency. Stove, sink and refrigerator are all within a few steps of each other.
- Laundry appliances are close by, tucked in a passageway that links the kitchen and garage. The garage door opens to the left side, rather than the front.
- Three bedrooms (or two and a den/office) fill the right side of the home. The home plan's vaulted master suite has a large walk-in closet, plus a private bathroom with a large shower. Two linen/storage closets line the hallway outside the bedrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,356 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,356 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 111 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 67' 0"
- Depth: 37' 0"
- Max ridge height: 16' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 546 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss