Solar Design for Mountains or Beach
3 - 4
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Whether building on the coast or in the mountains, you'll want to give careful thought to the orientation of this plan and point the solar side south to take full advantage of this design.
- Windows grace the front of this home on both floors, and a pair of matching balconies off the upstairs bedrooms give you great vantage points to enjoy the outdoors.
- Closets flank the foyer, just a couple of thoughtful touches that went into this design.
- The great room is light-filled and airy with sliding doors taking you outside. A wood stove is a nice detail, as is the built-in wood storage.
- The kitchen has lots of counter space and a central island plus a roomy pantry. Casual dining is made possible by seating at the service counter.
- The mudroom is a nice transition point for family and is accessible from the side entry and the garage.
- The master takes up half the upstairs and has an enormouso walk-in closet with a built-in central storage unit. Two more bedrooms are across the hall, and the entire upstairs can take advantage of the laundry chute, a final convenience in this thoughtful home plan.