Sophisticated Barndominium Home Plan with Lower-Level Shop
About This Plan
- The dark exterior, metal roof, and vertical siding lends a sophisticated and modern look to this barn-style home plan. The spacious interior boasts tall ceilings in the family room with oversized windows taking advantage of surrounding views.
- Open-concept living is defined by this design. The gigantic island in the kitchen offers seating for seven, with easy access to the back deck for grilling, or just relaxing. The spacious service areas nearby can accommodate any size of family gathering.
- The master bedroom on the main level serves as a true get-away-from-it-all space, with a fireplace and plenty of room for a sitting area. The spa-like en suite features a soaking tub, toilet room, and large closet.
- Ample quality time will be spent in the second-level, flex room, which leads to three sizable bedrooms; two share a Jack-and-Jill bath, and one includes a full bath.
- The flexible living space above the garage includes a kitchen, home office, media room, and full bath. Convert this space into an apartment or in-law suite, if desired.
- A large shop exists on the lower level, along with a full bath, safe room, and massive room to accommodate a variety of activities.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,919 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,278 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,641 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 403 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 3,172 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4 or 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 87' 0"
- Depth: 93' 4"
- Max ridge height: 38' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 965 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12