Southern Design with Options
About This Plan
- Brick and stucco exterior walls make for energy efficiency in this one-story home plan, where the covered front and rear porches recall Southern designs.
- A skylight opens up the living room, which forms an open area with the entry and dining room. Ceilings rise to 12' in this area, as well as in the kitchen and the informal eating area set in a windowed bay.
- The master suite includes a bath with double sinks, a walk-in shower, separate tub and a large walk-in closet. Nearby you'll find your own home office.
- The side-entry garage offers lots of storage space. A pulldown staircase in the garage accesses attic storage.
- Related Plans: Downsize to 1,800 sq. ft. and lose the home office with house plan 5534BR.
- For an alternate Southern-style exterior, see house plan 5536BR.
- Prefer a front-entry garage? See house plan 5537BR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,002 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,002 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 180 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 164 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 561 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss