Southern Traditional House Plan with Front and Back Porches
About This Plan
- The rectangular shape and symmetrical front windows on this Southern Traditional house plan give a nod to the Colonial style of homes.
- Four pillars support the front porch that guides you into the foyer, flanked by a formal dining room and study (or bedroom).
- The family room is rear facing and features a fireplace and french doors that open to a back porch, which is also accessible from the eat-in kitchen.
- Upstairs, discover a cozy home office with a window that overlooks the upper, back porch. The master bedroom occupies the left side of this level, and includes a walk-in closet, 5-fixture bath, and set of french doors that open to the porch.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3, across the hall, sit on either side of a full bath with a separate room for the shower / tub and toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,031 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,069 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 962 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 962 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 37' 6"
- Depth: 46' 6"
- Max ridge height: 30' 1"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick