Spacious Family Home Plan
About This Plan
- Cross over an inviting wrap-around porch to enter this spacious family home through a door flanked by sidelights and topped by a fanlight.
- On one side of the entry, the living room opens to the dining room via French doors. The well-equipped kitchen includes a pantry closet and a central island with snack bar. A built-in planning desk is sited in the breakfast area, which flows into the sunroom in back.
- In the sunken family room with its beamed ceiling, the fireplace is located in back, allowing multiple furniture arrangements.
- In the master suite upstairs, a vaulted ceiling spotlights the bedroom. French doors lead to the spacious master bath, with its L-shaped walk-in closet and luxurious bath with a corner whirlpool tub set in a dramatic bay window.
- The extra-wide hallway contains a linen closet. Note the optional play area in bedroom 4, which adds 80 square feet.
- See plan 40729DB for a version using Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) construction.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,594 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,322 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,272 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,322 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 292 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 80 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 56' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 448 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick