Spacious Home Plan
About This Plan
- The elegant vaulted living room in this country home plan is so spacious that it has its own wing, jutting out at a diagonal angle from the garage. A 12-foot-wide bay window expands the room still further, and a corner woodstove provides warmth when the weather turns chilly.
- Side yards shaped by the numerous exterior angles of this medium-size country home provide varied opportunities for creative landscaping.
- The large country kitchen, outfitted with a central work island, can easily accommodate a whole family of cooks at the same time. The eating nook is brightened by windows.
- Practical amenities include a pantry, a broom closet, and a large utility room.
- At the end of the day, when it's time for the owners to unwind, they can step into their own private sauna. Access is through a study adjacent to the master suite, which has a walk-in closet and private bathroom. Sliding glass doors in the sleeping area open onto a wide balcony.
- The front bedroom is not only larger, but has the added benefit of a 4 by 6-foot dormer window overlooks the street.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,206 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,158 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,048 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 58' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 576 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss