Spacious One-Level Home Plan
About This Plan
- Families will find plenty of room for everyone in this grand contemporary house plan. With nearly 4,000 square feet of living space on one level, this house plan is ideal for aging in place.
- On the exterior, most of the walls are split face concrete block, except for the cultured stone veneer that covers the chimneys and the largest triangular gable front.
- Inside, hardwood floors are the norm with a few practical exceptions. A large library/den is to the right of the high-ceilinged entry, and a vaulted living room is to the left, where it is brightened and expanded by a rectangular window bay. Near the window, a freestanding woodstove offers warmth when the weather turns chilly.
- Arched openings at the rear of the living room open onto a transverse hallway. Matching arches on the opposite side feed into an expansive vaulted dining room. Its window bay makes an excellent location for a wide window seat.
- A kitchen with a generously sized walk-in pantry is right around the corner. All appliances are built in. A raised and angled eating bar bounds the kitchen and the comfortably large family room. The family room and eating nook are vaulted and richly glassed. Nestled into the back corner is a fireplace with a TV niche above the mantel, but owners might prefer to locate their main TV in the large media room on the right.
- A third fireplace graces the owners' suite. The bathroom boasts a spa tub and an oversized shower, plus a deep walk-in closet. Double doors offer direct access to the patio.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,957 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,957 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 100' 0"
- Depth: 71' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 11"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss