2 - 3
About This Plan
- Vaulted ceilings in this ranch home create a relaxing sense of spaciousness in a home with slightly more than 1,800 square feet of floor space.
- Slender wooden posts support the inviting front porch, and painted shutters accent the multipaned windows. Taken together, they evoke memories of beloved homes from the not so distant past.
- Inside, light washes into the vaulted entry through a sidelight and transom. The wide, arched opening on the left leads into a room that could be furnished as a den, parlor, library, or even a home office. The window bay that expands it toward the front lets in plenty of light, while a pocket door on the opposite wall links this space directly to the kitchen.
- The entry ceiling slopes up from the front, then sweeps gently down into a vaulted great room with a wide window at the rear. A gas fireplace nestles into a corner opposite the windowed wall.
- Windowed on two sides, the dining room is a naturally bright area. Sliding glass doors open onto a patio that could be screened and covered, if desired. A peninsular eating bar bounds a kitchen that's almost fully open to the dining room.
- It's an efficient kitchen, with the sink, stove and refrigerator set in a tight, step-saving triangle. Counters wrap around parts of four sides, and a roomy pantry fills one corner.
- A skylight brightens the private bathroom in the vaulted owners' suite. Other features include a walk-in closet, dual vanity, and enclosed toilet and shower.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,802 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,802 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 54' 6"
- Max ridge height: 22' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 476 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss