Spacious Ranch Design with Skylights
About This Plan
- This large V-shaped home is designed especially for people who like books. Bookshelves, interspersed with windows, line the long hallway that provides access to the owners' wing.
- Additional built-in bookshelves are found in the kitchen (over the desk as well as above and below the long wall of cupboards), in the hallway adjacent to the kitchen and in the private sitting room adjacent to the owners' sleeping quarters.
- Four skylights brighten an already sunny eating nook in the huge country kitchen. Other features include a walk-in pantry, range-top work island, built-in barbecue, and a sink that faces out toward the dining room. French doors open onto a dining deck.
- A wide window bay on one end, and nearly an entire wall of windows along its length illuminate the living room. A walk-around fireplace with semi-circular hearth provides visual interest.
- The luxurious master suite features his and hers closets, each with its own adjacent dressing area and vanity. Toilet, bidet and another lavatory are tucked into a compartment separate from the oversize shower and Jacuzzi tub. A large home office and private deck are also located in this wing.
- Two rooms at the opposite end of the house could be used separately, as bedrooms for children, or combined to create a private living space for a rental or long-term guest, such as an elderly parent.
- The utility room is wide enough to accommodate exercise equipment or a sewing machine, if desired, and is conveniently close to the kitchen, the garage and the workshop.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,417 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,417 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 80' 0"
- Depth: 128' 0"
- Max ridge height: 18' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 795 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- Jack & Jill Bath
- MBR Sitting Area