Split Bedroom One-Story Energy-Saving House Plan
About This Plan
- This split bedroom house plan is classic and understated. Step inside from the modest front porch lined with square square columns into the foyer and you see the wide open great room with its 11’10” vaulted ceiling. Two sets of sliding glass doors open up the living space to the covered lanai. This is perfect for outdoor entertaining. Plenty of room for alfresco dining and perfect for adding a pool.
- The kitchen provides all the amenities, including an island for quick meals and food prep. A pantry is close at hand, next to the utility room. The dining room is sequestered off the foyer and defined by a single column with beams.
- The entrance to the master suite is set back near the rear of the home, and extends the entire depth. The master bath provides a corner walk-in shower, with dual sinks and a private privy. The generous master closet makes room for luxurious built-ins.
- The two guest bedrooms share a single bath that is positioned perfectly for great room guests to use as well. A carefully crafted entrance makes these two bedrooms feel more private.
- The 2-car front load garage makes grocery drop-off a breeze, with its quick access to the kitchen and pantry. The utility room has a drop off area with shelves and a closet.
- Exclusive energy-saving techniques are designed into this house plan such that, when built to specs, can result in a 50% savings when compared to other new homes, 60-70% when compared to older homes.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,547 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,547 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 231 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 92 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): Block / CMU (main floor)
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 59' 6"
- Max ridge height: 19' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 472 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss