Split-Bedroom Southern Home Design
About This Plan
- A gabled front porch adds character to this traditional southern home design. In back, another porch is accessed from either the living room or the informal eating area.
- The split-bedroom configuration places the master suite on one side of the living area and the three family bedrooms on the other side, where they share a full bath.
- In the master suite, a boxed ceiling dresses up the bedroom. Twin walk-in closets line a short hall to the upscale bath with its raised spa tub, separate shower and his-and-her vanities.
- Another boxed ceiling defines the living room that also boasts a fireplace.
- The kitchen serves both the informal and formal dining areas. A vaulted ceiling tops the formal dining room.
- Ceilings: 9' standard; 11' boxed living room; 10' boxed master bedroom.
- Foundation options: slab or crawl space. Specify when ordering.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,326 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,326 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 432 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 68' 10"
- Depth: 73' 11"
- Max ridge height: 27' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 532 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick