Split Level Contemporary
About This Plan
- A graceful colonnade adds a subtle touch of class to this split-level contemporary home plan.
- If you count the basement, this home actually has four levels. Kitchen, living room, dining room, guest room and garage are at ground level. A bathroom and utility room are at mid-level, located on the landing between the first and second floor. Rooms on the upper level include a loft, which overlooks the living room/dining rooms, and a luxurious master suite.
- Many of the rooms are richly windowed, creating a home that is both bright and visually interesting. Skylights brighten the mid-level bathroom, the master bath, the stairway, and the guest bath.
- Windows take up one wall in the dining room, creating an elegant formal dining area, and one living room wall features a set of tall, multipaned windows topped with a half-round. The vaulted ceiling in both of the rooms further contributes to the impression of airy spaciousness.
- The guest room, located on the ground floor, would be ideal for housing an elderly parent or independent teen. It has a private entrance from the patio, and a compartmentalized private bathroom.
- Both the loft and the master suite have walk-in closets. The loft could be outfitted as a den, hobby room, or bedroom, as needed.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,646 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,070 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 576 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss