Sprawling and Informal
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Enthroned on a wide tile hearth, a woodstove is at the core of this sprawling and informal house plan.
- Windows brighten the odd-shaped kitchen over the corner sink. Bay windows that wrap around the eating nook add more light. An eating bar, which divides the kitchen and living room, offers yet another spot for snacking and chatting, and adds useable counter space as well.
- A generously sized utility room is a few steps away, complete with laundry sink and extra space for storage. A door to the patio allows quick clean up after working in the yard. One of three bathrooms is right next door, conveniently close to both the kitchen and the garage.
- Living room and dining room are combined in a long rectangular space adjacent to the kitchen. A bank of multi-paned windows, capped by a huge half-round, adds drama while bathing the area in soft, natural light. French doors on the opposite end of the room open onto a patio.
- Bedrooms are located together, on the right side of the group living areas. You could say that each has its own bathroom, but guests also have access to the bathroom closest to the second bedroom. The bathroom in the master suite is, however, quite private. Access is only through the owners' sleeping area. It features twin basins and a shower/tub combination.
- Because the home plan has only one bedroom in addition to the master suite, this design is best suited to the needs of empty nesters, or childless couples, who like to keep a second bedroom for occasional guests.