Starter or Empty Nester
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Two covered porches, one in front and the other in the rear, extend the living space of this compact country home that is suitable for use as a starter home, empty nester or vacation home.
- The home is characterized by high windows with transoms that let in the light.
- A nine-foot ceiling tops the good-sized family room with its fireplace. Adjoining the family room, the U-shaped kitchen flows into the dining room. A central food-preparation island in the kitchen offers convenience, as does the laundry room off the adjacent dining area.
- In the master suite, an 11-foot high sloped ceiling dresses up the bedroom, where a walk-in closet provides ample space. The five-fixture master bath includes two sinks, a linen closet and a separate tub and shower.
- Both bedroom two and bedroom three, with a walk-in closet in bedroom three, share a hall bath.
- Note that the house can be built with or without a detached garage.
- Foundation options: slab, standard; crawl space, optional.