Starter or Empty Nester
About This Plan
- Two covered porches, one in front and the other in the rear, extend the living space of this compact country home that is suitable for use as a starter home, empty nester or vacation home.
- The home is characterized by high windows with transoms that let in the light.
- A nine-foot ceiling tops the good-sized family room with its fireplace. Adjoining the family room, the U-shaped kitchen flows into the dining room. A central food-preparation island in the kitchen offers convenience, as does the laundry room off the adjacent dining area.
- In the master suite, an 11-foot high sloped ceiling dresses up the bedroom, where a walk-in closet provides ample space. The five-fixture master bath includes two sinks, a linen closet and a separate tub and shower.
- Both bedroom two and bedroom three, with a walk-in closet in bedroom three, share a hall bath.
- Note that the house can be built with or without a detached garage.
- Foundation options: slab, standard; crawl space, optional.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,406 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,406 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 77 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 156 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 47' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 9"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 528 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick