Striking Entrance Portico
About This Plan
- Sidelights on both sides of this house plan's front door and more glass stacked high under the lofty porch gable create a striking entrance portico effect.
- From the exterior, you can see that this is not a large home plan. The 1,500 square foot, 3-bedroom plan is a mere 54 feet wide, so it easily fits on a standard lot. But when you first step inside, the sense of spaciousness is surprising.
- The vaulted foyer is richly illuminated. A door on the right opens into the master suite, and a hallway is to the left.
- The vaulted great room, directly ahead-a comfortably large living area that rolls together the functions of kitchen, dining room, living room and family room. Four skylights shower the room with light, adding to the brightness spilling in through three large windows that fills most of the room's rear wall. A fireplace, tucked into the corner farthest from the windows, provides a warm focal point.
- The kitchen is also much larger than one expects to find in a compact home plan. It is rich in counter and storage space. A dogleg-shaped eating bar adds to the work area and provides separation between the great room and the kitchen.
- A small kitchen table, or even a work island, could fit comfortably into the wide space at the center of the kitchen. A walk-in pantry provides additional storage capacity.
- Utilities are close at hand, and convenient to the bedrooms as well, tucked into a pass-through to the garage.
- Features in the master suite include a walk-in closet and private bathroom. The toilet and tub are separated from the lavatory and mirror.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,502 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,502 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 614 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss