About This Plan
- This home is designed to take full advantage of natural light. One of its most unique features is a front-facing upper deck, or solarium, adjacent to the master suite. While providing privacy and protection from the wind, the space also serves as a nurturing environment for sun-loving plants.
- The solarium's back wall is almost entirely glass. Two sets of sliding doors flank a stationary window, and all three are capped by half-rounds. Step through one of the sliding glass doors and you will find yourself on a balcony with a 12' shelf at railing height, another great place for plants.
- The balcony overlooks an exceptionally bright kitchen and dining room. Light filtering in through the solarium windows combines with light from four skylights in the two-story high ceiling to provide reliable natural illumination throughout the daylight hours, most of the year.
- The spacious master suite serves as a quiet retreat. Luxury amenities include: his-and-hers pass- through wardrobes, a double-basin vanity, and a raised spa tub. Tropical plants flourish in the warm, moist atmosphere around the tub.
- A second bedroom, on the opposite end of the balcony, also has a private bathroom and the two bedrooms downstairs, share a third bathroom.
- Counters wrap around four sides of the generously sized kitchen. An eating bar is convenient for snacking, and lazy Susan shelving provides easy cupboard access in two corners. Sliders in the bayed dining room make it easy to move meals outside onto the railed deck. Additional storage space is available in a pass-through utility room between the dining room and the garage.
- The two-car garage has a U-shaped shop in the back, complete with counters and cabinets.
- Ceilings: main floor 8', second floor 9'.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,526 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,530 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 996 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 636 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- MBR Sitting Area