Sunshine Filled Vacation Home
About This Plan
- Artificial light will rarely be necessary during daylight hours in the Scandinavian-style house plan. This modified A-frame vacation home boasts a grand total of 16 skylights and is rich in windows as well.
- While all of the rooms are bright, the living room clearly wins the prize. In addition to the eight skylights in the high, exposed-beam ceiling, this room has two floor-to-ceiling glass doors and four equally large windows. Four smaller custom windows flank the fireplace.
- Honors for second-brightest area are split between the master suite and the combination kitchen/dining room. The master suite has another eight skylights in its high ceiling. Diamond-shaped windows, nestled under the peak of the roof at opposite ends of the room, add still more light. The sleeping area has an eye-level window and a glass door that opens onto a private balcony.
- Built as a loft, the master suite is open to the living room below and is unique in having a 10 by 12 foot upper loft that overlooks the sleeping area. Other amenities include a private bathroom and walk-in closet.
- Tall windows brighten the kitchen/dining area on two sides. A set of doors opens onto a large deck. Another set of windows, over the sink, allows full appreciation of the outdoor setting. A range and oven, built into the eating bar, and a wet bar in the dining room, make food service convenient.
- Two bedrooms, a small utility room and a bathroom complete the ground floor. Overhead is a steep metal roof.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,850 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,308 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 542 sq. ft.
- Loft: 126 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 32' 0"
- Max ridge height: 35' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick