Super Energy Efficient House Plan with Options
About This Plan
- When built to specs, this right-sized energy-smart 3 bedroom house plan saves you 40% to 50% on your energy bills.
- In this net-zero-ready design, the AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An additional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade the largest windows.
- Additionally, California Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added.
- This house plan is available in three elevations.
- Related Plans: Get European styling with house plan 33028ZR and Mediterranean flair with house plan 33029ZR.
- Get a smaller version with house plan 33024ZR and 33181ZR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,576 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,576 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 116 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 297 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 49' 6"
- Depth: 97' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 7"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 477 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss