Sweet Solar House Plan
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Enjoy the energy-saving benefits of solar design without paying a price in curb appeal with this sweet solar house plan. Orient this on your lot so that the great room and porch are facing south to realize the greatest solar benefits.
- The great room takes center stage with its 2-story ceiling and a large wall of windows. The room is open to the dinette and the kitchen which creates an open feeling and helps everyone share in the views. Those views are shared in the roomy loft as well with its overlook to below.
- The flexibile layout gives you one or two bedrooms downstairs. If used as a den, you can build the optional door creating a nice flow. Maximize your privacy and eliminate the door if you prefer to use it as a bedroom.
- Upstairs, the master bedroom has a private balcony and a large walk-in closet. And your privacy is maximized by having the final bedroom at the other end of the floor.
- Expand in the unfinished basement, or simply use it for storage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,166 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,326 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 840 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 32' 0"