About This Plan
- Handsome columns front the house plan's symmetrical two-story frame, giving a colonial flavor to this otherwise modern home. Shuttered multipaned windows heighten the nostalgic charm.
- While historic colonial homes rarely had attached garages, this home is linked to a roomy two-car garage with extra space for a workbench. A storage area and mudroom fill the gap between house and garage.
- An unfinished bonus room on the second level has two large dormers.
- Twin closets flank the entry. A living room is to the left, dining room to the right, stairs and family room straight ahead. Relaxed, everyday living spaces flow together at the rear.
- This large, bright area is so much all of a piece that it's hard to tell where the family room leaves off, and the nook and kitchen begin. Windows fill most of the rear wall, and two more highlight the fireplace. The covered patio could be converted into a sunroom or screened porch, if either of these are preferable.
- In the home plan's kitchen, a large work island provides additional counter space while expanding storage capacity. A small powder room and a utility alcove are mere steps away.
- Four bedrooms are upstairs. The master suite boasts two walk-in closets and a private bathroom with two lavs, oversized shower and private water closet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,305 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,182 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,123 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 502 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 64' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 784 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss