Tapered Columns Rest on Stone Veneer
4 - 5
About This Plan
- Tapered columns resting on stone veneer posts are stand-out details in the medley of Craftsman-style touches that draw attention to the welcoming entry porch including gable accents and multipaned windows.
- Inside, light washes into the dramatic, two-story foyer through the sidelights and transom rimming the front door, plus wide windows on the second level. You can overlook the foyer as you climb the first flight of steps to the upper floor.
- A large living room is to the left of the foyer. Wide windows face the front, and two smaller, high windows flank the gas fireplace. A pocket door at the rear of the room links this room with the kitchen.
- You can just as easily reach the kitchen by heading to the right of the foyer, and passing through the dining area, which could be either formally, or informally furnished.
- Double doors swing open to access a partially covered patio. The covered section could be screened. The kitchen is open to the dining area.
- Recessed bookshelves mark the dining/family room boundary. A door on the far side accesses another room that could be used as the home office, exercise area, or studio.
- Four bedrooms are upstairs, along with two bathrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,768 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,534 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,234 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 287 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 51' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 845 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available