About This Plan
- Although influenced by old barns in the Northeast, this house is very much a contemporary. Surrounded by decks and topped by a unique octagonal tower retreat, the design links the indoors with the outdoors.
- A large, striking glass area in the two-story living-dining room overlooks the front deck and can be viewed from the second-floor balcony. An energy-saving heat-circulating fireplace warms the living-dining room, and a wide snack bar separates it from the spacious kitchen.
- The kitchen contains lots of counter and cabinet space, a wide pantry closet, a laundry closet and a bay window for viewing the outdoors.
- In back of the house, the master bedroom includes a walk-in closet and opens to a private deck. The bedroom is but steps away from a full bath with a whirlpool tub.
- You ascend part way up the tower to reach the second floor, where you find two bedrooms and a skylit bath. Continuing up the tower staircase, you reach the tower retreat, which offers a view in all directions.
- Foundation: basement or slab.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,770 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,073 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 697 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 217 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 953 sq. ft.
- Deck: 487 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 55' 4"
- Depth: 38' 4"
- Max ridge height: 32' 0"
- Type: Detached, Attached
- Area: 427 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite