Town or Country Midsize
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Gable-end supports and gridded window uppers lend their Craftsman charm to this midsize cottage house plan equally well-suited for construction in either a vacation retreat setting or a suburban neighborhood.
- The expansive great room is vaulted to the second story ceiling. Its mess-free gas fireplace nestles into a cozy corner opposite windows that fill most of the rear wall. Sliding glass doors open onto a covered patio that could be screened for bug-free dining.
- An eating bar rims the interface between the great room and kitchen. Cupboards and counters line three sides, and a roomy walk-in pantry fills one entire corner.
- The vaulted owners' suite is on the ground floor. Amenities include a private bathroom with a dual vanity and a deep soaking tub. The toilet and shower are separately enclosed for enhanced privacy and steam containment.
- A loft and two bedrooms are upstairs, along with a two-section bathroom and a deep bonus room. One side of the loft overlooks the great room. The loft makes an ideal location for a sitting area with bookshelves. It could be built with a long counter or built-in desks.
- One upper room has no closet and makes an ideal computer room. Alternatively, shelves or closets could be built in to outfit it as a bedroom or whatever suits.