Traditional and Contemporary Style
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Framed out columns, decorative stick work, and stone veneer wainscoting give the home a nostalgic look, as do the arched door and window. Lap siding and hipped rooflines add modern touches, while the multipaned windows are as popular now as they were many years ago.
- Inside, this house plan is packed with all the most popular contemporary features. The kitchen has a large work island and is open to the dining area as well as the vaulted, skylit, and generously glassed great room. Cabinets and a large home entertainment center flank the gas fireplace.
- Light washes into the dining area through tall French doors, one of which swings open, leading onto a vaulted and partially covered patio. Kitchen cupboard and counter spaces are well supplied, including a good-sized pantry. Appliances are built in.
- A powder room plus laundry appliances and a deep sink are nearby. These rooms line the hallway that links to a two-car garage with plenty of shop/storage space.
- The owners' suite is a well-isolated adult retreat. Its sleeping area has an elegant tray ceiling, roomy walk-in closet, and direct access to the patio. Bathroom amenities include a deep soaking tub and dual vanity. The shower and toilet are separately enclosed. Secondary bedrooms are on the opposite side of the house. One has a walk-in closet and connects directly to the shared bathroom.
- Two more rooms line the vaulted entry. These could be furnished as a home office and living room, or put to other uses.