Traditional House Plan with Gabled Dormers
About This Plan
- A simple, charming gabled porch extends a warm welcome. Gabled dormers and a small round window add to the visual appeal. The plan is somewhat traditional, with all of the bedrooms upstairs.
- Entering, you find yourself in a large foyer with a lofty two-story ceiling. Formal rooms are to the right, informal family living spaces to the left. A small powder room and an exceptionally roomy entry closet are just inside the door.
- Natural light spills in through windows that fill most of the rear wall, and the warming flames of the fireplace serve as a focal point when skies turn dreary. French double doors in the nook open on a large patio.
- The kitchen, though large, is designed to minimize wasted steps. Cooktop, refrigerator and sink cluster together in a tight triangle.
- Living room and dining room flow one into the other and are richly windowed.
- A large utility room is on the second floor, close to the major sources of dirty laundry. The dormer window extension makes an ideal location for a sewing machine.
- Double doors open into the house plan's master suite. The dormer here could be outfitted as a window seat. Other amenities include a huge walk-in closet and a large, luxurious bathroom with soaking tub and glass blocks above, double vanity and enclosed shower and toilet. Secondary bedrooms share another two-section bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,296 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,186 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,110 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 785 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss