Traditional Plan with Two Story Great Room
About This Plan
- There's an architectural charisma about this Craftsman four-square. With a symmetrical front and a rear-facing garage, the house exudes a pleasing formality. But, if you think you can predict the interior from the outside styling, think again.
- Step through the front door into awesome surroundings-a two-story great room and dining room. Plant shelves define and decorate the overhead space. Windows, both high and low, scoop in light. A cozy fireplace and built-in media center create a charming focal point.
- The sink peninsula in the efficient U-shaped kitchen includes base cabinets only, leaving the kitchen open to surrounding rooms. Thus, the cook stays connected to activity in the great room, and food service to the dining room is facilitated. An atrium door in the large eating nook opens onto a side porch.
- On the second floor, bedrooms and baths flow off a central hall. The master suite features intriguing angled walls, a walk-in closet, bathroom with double vanity, and a private balcony.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version, see house plan 69181AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,705 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 860 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 845 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 27' 0"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 392 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss