Traditional Ranch Home Plan with Open Concept Layout
About This Plan
- This transitional exterior seamlessly integrates both traditional and contemporary styling elements. Traditional elements include the decorative porch columns, slender shutters, arched-top trim with a central keystone, and multipaned windows. The floor plan and overall shape of the exterior are much more contemporary.
- Unlike traditional homes, separation between gathering spaces is minimal. A great room with a window-flanked gas fireplace is the largest of three linked areas. It has a wide opening that leads into a naturally bright bayed dining room where sliding glass doors open onto a covered patio.
- One kitchen counter also has a half wall in front, so that those who are standing at the kitchen sink face into the great room. In this efficient kitchen, all you have to do is turn away from the sink and take a step to reach the large cook-top work island. A raised eating bar that wraps around two sides does triple duty, serving also as a conversation bar and homework supervision station.
- A good-sized utility room is nearby, down a short hallway and next to a garage access door. Around the corner, coat and storage closets fit neatly into alcoves on both sides of the opening that leads from the entry into the great room. The study off of the entry is in a nice location for a home office, or it could be furnished as a third bedroom.
- Another study area, this one a cozy nook with a built-in desk, is down the hall. It's across from the main bathroom and close to both the owners' suite and bedroom two. Owners' suite amenities include a deep walk-in closet, and a bathroom with a large shower, dual vanity and private toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,063 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,063 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 158 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 56' 0"
- Depth: 63' 8"
- Max ridge height: 24' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 511 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss