Turreted Tudor Cottage
About This Plan
- This delightful turreted tudor cottage features a beautiful circular living room with three sets of french doors opening onto wrought-iron balconies.
- An elegant vestibule and foyer, a formal dining room with an elliptical end-wall, a charming library with an oversized bay window and fireplace all add character to this design.
- Upstairs, three bedrooms and a bath accompany a semi-circular master bedroom with its own private bath. Stairs lead to a tall, useable attic allowing for future expansion. Overall attic dimensions are 12' x 27'. Because of the sloping roof, standing area is 8' x 27'.
- The basement with 8' ceilings and half above-grade construction is sun-filled and provides more potential useable space.
- A variety of interesting alcoves, niches, windowseats and built-in shelves make for a truly out-of-the-ordinary home.
- Note the turret and gable roofs are built independently and are joined by a small connecting roof as a last step, greatly simplifying construction (and cost).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,750 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 935 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 815 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 53' 2"
- Depth: 31' 6"
- Max ridge height: 37' 6"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick