Twin Gables with Country Flavor
About This Plan
- Twin gables, arched windows and a covered front porch give a country flavor to this house plan, a mid-size home that offers plenty of private living space.
- French doors open into a fully enclosed formal parlor. This uniquely shaped room has an arched window overhead, is brightened by bay windows and expanded by a vaulted ceiling. The entryway, too, is vaulted and bathed in natural light from a second high arched window. Vaulted ceilings also expand the sense of spaciousness in the master suite and family room.
- The sumptuous master suite shares the quiet side of the home plan with the parlor. Bathrooms and a curved staircase serve as buffers, blocking the sounds of active family living emanating from the family room. Features include deck access, a large walk-in closet, and a second vanity outside the bathroom.
- An eating nook is on one side of the U-shaped kitchen and a large family room with a fireplace is on the other. The formal dining room is but a few steps away. Range and oven are built into an eating bar, convenient for service to all three eating areas. The step-in pantry is tucked into a large utility room that features a laundry chute.
- Storage space is abundant in this house plan. It has an entry closet, another closet tucked under the stairs and more storage at the second floor landing. Overhead storage can also be created in the two-car garage.
- The upstairs bedrooms share a two-section bathroom with twin-basin vanity.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,169 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,656 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 513 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 541 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss