Two-Story Country Home Plan
About This Plan
- Two stories, shutter-flanked windows, and a railed front porch give this nostalgic country cottage great curb appeal. This home plan is designed for a lot that slopes down at the rear.
- Inside, you step into a two-story entry, naturally illuminated by sidelights and a large window on the second level. Wide openings on the right and left lead into a living room and den, respectively.
- The living room flows into the dining room, which is partially open to the kitchen and you can also get to the kitchen, utility room and half bath through a door at the back of the den.
- A wide window bay expands the dining room. The sliding glass doors that fill its central section open onto a partially covered deck that echoes the shape of the window bay. A long eating bar, raised on the dining room side, marks the boundary between the dining room and kitchen.
- Cabinets and built-in appliances wrap around four sides of the spacious kitchen. The generously sized utility room and half bath are mere steps away, along with direct access to a two-car garage.
- Upstairs you get three bedrooms. If needed, more sleeping rooms and other types of living space could be added in the large, richly windowed bonus room over the garage, or the daylight basement below part of the first floor.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,787 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 942 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 845 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 891 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 454 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 63' 4"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 699 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss