Two-Story Mediterranean Design
About This Plan
- Although compact enough to fit on a standard city lot, this Mediterranean style two-story home design is by no means a small home. It is designed for construction on a site that slopes from front to back and left to right, creating additional storage in a partial basement.
- The placement of the den near the entry makes this room ideal for a home office. An additional door from the porch could also be added, to separate home and business activities.
- The kitchen has a huge nook - almost a mini-family room. Other features of the kitchen include a snack counter, built-in range and double ovens. A pantry is located in the adjacent utility room.
- A railing separates the formal dining room from a sunken living room with a wet bar and woodstove. Filling the wood box is easy, thanks to an exterior door that opens directly into it.
- The entry foyer and dining room are open to the second floor, where a landing bridges and overlooks both areas. Although all three sleeping rooms are on the upper level, the open area between the master suite and the other two bedrooms provides some sound separation.
- The uniquely shaped master bath features a walk-in closet, compartmentalized toilet, oversize tub and separate shower.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,423 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,412 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,011 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 57' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 452 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss