Two-Story Traditional House Plan with Expansion Possibilities
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Replete with gables and hipped roof lines, this two-story traditional home plan conveys a dignified impression. With its optional fourth bedroom and bonus space over the garage, the design allows for expansion.
- Passing though the front door, which is surrounded by glass, your guests enter the two-story foyer. A formal dining room is visible through a wide doorway, and straight ahead is the great room, also rising for two stories. The great room features a fireplace and three windows that overlook the backyard.
- Flowing into the great room is the breakfast area, which opens to a deck, and the L-shaped kitchen with its food-preparation island. A washer-dryer enclosure is conveniently at hand.
- A tray ceiling dresses up the first-floor master suite. In the luxurious master bath, notice the his and her walk-in closets. The bath also contains a commode closet, twin vanities on either side of a corner garden tub and a separate shower.
- Upstairs, you can view the great room from the balcony. Two bedrooms share a hall bath.
- Foundation: basement. Eight-foot high ceilings throughout.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,796 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,314 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 482 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 200 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,314 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick