Two-story with European flavor
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This two-story house plan has a distinctly European flavor. You can see it in the clipped gables, arched and shuttered windows, ornamental coach lights, and graceful cast iron balcony.
- Entering, you step from the porch into a vaulted foyer where light streams down through a slender arched window in the overhead dormer. A columned opening on the left leads into the dining room. More columns stand on both sides of another wide opening at the rear of the dining room, this one leading into the two-story living room.
- Windows, with a wide-hearthed fireplace between them, fill the living room's rear wall. The nook is completely open to this large space, as is the kitchen to the nook. Sliding glass doors in the nook lead out onto a covered patio that could be screened, if desired.
- Kitchen features include: a roomy walk-in pantry, large work island, and built-in appliances. Standing at the kitchen sink, you can watch the seasons change outside, or converse with people in the nook and living room. Laundry appliances are nearby, next to a powder room and direct access to the two-car garage.
- The owners' suite is in a wing by itself, with no rooms overhead. It has a classic tray ceiling, and a luxurious bathroom with twin lavs, claw foot tub, walk-in shower, and private toilet. Sparkling glass blocks line the passageway into the shower. The suite's commodious walk-in closet even has a built-in dresser.
- Two bedrooms, a bathroom and a large bonus room are upstairs. Both bedrooms have walk-in closets, and the bonus room also offers plenty of storage space, in a slope-ceilinged closet opposite a windowed dormer. From the railed loft, you can overlook the living room.