Unique Home Plan with Solar Features
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This unique and beautiful home plan is inspired by the romance of old railroad stations. The building type lends itself well to solar design with shading overhangs, tall windows and a linear layout.
- It imparts the monumental and sheltered feeling of these vintage structures with nine-foot high first floor walls and wide, protecting soffits to keep things cool and dry below.
- Details such as roof brackets, transom windows and brick skirting complete the picture.
- Sun exposure is celebrated at living areas with good use of bedrooms as buffers on the cool north side.
- The spacious great room has a practical service counter off the kitchen and glass doors to a front terrace for easy firewood and yard access.
- A mostly gutter-free roof means less maintenance and clean fascia lines.
- The second floor can be finished as time and money permit and is a flexible space good for a fourth bedroom, office or other use.
- The carriage-style garage has handy attic storage space and connects to a mudroom/laundry area that allows for plenty of drop areas, hanging space and cabinetry.
- The large mudroom closet and laundry area make for easy living with convenient access to daily traffic patterns.
- This exciting home is designed with a radiant heat slab-on-grade floor for the ultimate in efficiency and comfort.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,759 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,995 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 764 sq. ft.
- Attic: 329 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 94' 6"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 580 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"