Universal Design with No Obstructions
About This Plan
- Designed for wheelchairs, this home plan has no obstructions. That's the advantage of a Universal Design home. There are no stairs to challenge those with strength or mobility problems. Anyone who's building with an eye toward their senior years will appreciate the safety and convenience of this thoughtful design.
- Doorways are wide enough so that a person in a wheelchair can coast through. Baths are designed for the safety of all, with grab bars beside the toilet and benches in the showers. Baths and other rooms are spacious and arranged so that a wheelchair can turn around. But you don't need to have a family member with limited mobility to take a second look at this three-bedroom home.
- The wonder of this abode extends beyond its practicality. The brick house is vibrant with style and graciousness.
- A wealth of windows scoop in sunlight. A living and dining room duo make entertaining a joy.
- The huge family area is filled with amenities: storage built-ins flank a fireplace; a bay opens the dining nook to nature; the kitchen island allows the cook to be seated to prepare food; a French door links the area to a patio.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,394 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,394 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 63' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 543 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss