Updated Classic Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Classic painted columns frame and highlight the wide front porch of this home plan with a four-car garage. Keystone arches and corner quoins reinforce the classic theme.
- For the most part, this is a single-story plan, but a recreation room, loft, and bathroom fill the upper level of the central gable that caps the garage. Wide windows at the front and rear brighten this play space, which would be ideal for use as an artist's studio or garage band rehearsal space.
- Sunshine spills into the entry through sidelights. A right-hand opening goes to the dining room/parlor, which is also accessible via a pocket door near the kitchen.
- The hallway leads to an expansive great room. In fact, as soon as you come through the door, you have a view straight down the hall to the window-flanked fireplace at the rear. This large space flows into a bayed eating nook on the right, which, in turn, is fully open to a spacious kitchen with a central work island. A hobby room is just off the nook, as is the stairway to the recreation room and loft.
- Laundry appliances are close by, in a generously sized utility room complete with sink and cabinetry. This space also links with the garage, and can double as a mudroom and a 'bedroom' for sleeping pets.
- Sleeping areas fill the left wing, with the owners' suite at the rear and secondary bedrooms up front. Owners' suite amenities include: a roomy walk-in closet, a wide window bay that could house a window seat, and a private bathroom with spa tub, dual vanity, and separately enclosed toilet and shower.