Updated Prairie-Style Home
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- In this updated Prairie-style home, a characteristic low-pitched, hipped roof overhangs rows of sparkling clerestory windows on two sides. Abundant natural light washes down through high rows of glass to naturally illuminate the vaulted, two-story great room.
- In the kitchen, an extended conversation bar rims a sizable work island outfitted with a six-burner cook top. The kitchen is open to the great room.
- If desired, the covered patio could be screened for bug-free outdoor dining.
- The roomy dining area is windowed on two sides and can easily accommodate a long table. The den could be converted into a library, office or home entertainment center.
- The spacious master suite is at the end of the hall. Its huge walk-in closet and luxurious bathroom do double duty, buffering sound from the great room. Diffused light washes into the bathroom through high windows and glass blocks.
- Upstairs, a flat ceilinged, open balcony overlooks the vaulted great room, while linking two sets of bedrooms. Each set shares a handy two-section bathroom. Bedroom three has a cozy window seat with built-in storage.