About This Plan
- Bright and cozy, this is a cabin with a gambrel, or barn-style, roof and an open beam ceiling. Although the home is designed for use as a vacation getaway, singles and couples with no children or grown children may find it spacious enough for year round living.
- Rectangular in shape (24 by 36 feet), the home has approximately 1,200 feet of living space, fits on a small lot and is economical to build.
- Six huge windows -- three above and three below -- brighten a great room that occupies the front half of the home. Open to the roof beams, this combined living room, dining room and kitchen has a wide-open feeling. A woodstove could be included in either the dining or living room to provide additional warmth and cheer.
- The kitchen is compact, but has plenty of cupboard and counter space. One of the counter extensions could be outfitted as an eating bar.
- Total privacy is available in the master suite -- the only room upstairs. The suite has a private bathroom and two closets. Additional storage space is behind.
- Two small bedrooms, another bathroom, and an average size utility room are below, at the back of the cabin. The utility room has an outside door, allowing people to remove muddy or snowy footgear here before entering the rest of the house.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,260 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 864 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 396 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 24' 0"
- Depth: 36' 0"
- Max ridge height: 2' 11"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 1"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss