About This Plan
- Graceful pairs of slender posts highlight the open and inviting front porch of this delightful.
- Being all on one level, this ranch-style plan is easily adaptable for retirees and is equally well-suited to families with youngsters or teens.
- Vaulted ceilings give an expansive feel to the entry, the study to the right of the entry and the great room/dining area at the rear. A bench for shoe removal nestles into a rectangular alcove just inside the front door, where sidelights provide natural light.
- Double doors on the right open into the study, which is in an ideal location for a home office. An arched opening on the left leads to secondary bedrooms and a full bathroom.
- A 10-foot-high plant shelf marks the transition from the entry to the great room, but the vaulted ceiling overhead is open to both.
- With a trio of wide windows filling more than half of the rear wall, the great room is as bright as it is spacious.
- Still more light washes in through windows and an atrium door in the dining area. A lengthy hutch fills the right wall, while the door at the rear leads out onto an easy-to-screen covered patio.
- Workers in the spacious kitchen can keep an eye on everything in the great room, patio, and back yard. Raised eating and conversation bars wrap around the window side, and a roomy walk-in pantry fills one corner.
- The owners' suite and a large utility room fill the right wing. The suite has a large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with twin vanities.
- Related Plan: Build in reverse with house plan 72631DA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,318 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,318 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 72' 0"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 765 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss