Vaulted Covered Deck
1 - 2
About This Plan
- The main floor has a ground level entrance and is one story above the ground at the rear. Hefty log posts highlight the entry. A king post and struts highlight its lofty vaulted porch. Double doors open into the expansive great room, which is richly glassed in the three back wall sections. Tall windows flank the gas fireplace.
- Twin sets of sliding glass doors open onto a vaulted and covered deck that is a near reflection of the front porch. A log handrail rims the wide deck that wraps around the rear, creating an extensive outdoor living area.
- Wings extend out to the left and right of the great room. On the left, a peninsular eating bar bounds a roomy kitchen with plenty of cupboard and counter space, including a central work island. The owners' suite, with its twin lavs and large walk-in closet, is just down the hall. A second bedroom and bathroom fill the opposite wing.
- Outside on the basement level at the rear, hefty posts support the main floor deck above, creating a covered colonnade below.
- A hexagonal two-car garage with plenty of extra work and storage space sits below the great room.
- Basement rooms, which could initially be finished or unfinished, extend off of the hexagon in the same configuration as above.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,735 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,735 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1 or 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 76' 10"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 5"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 581 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss