Vaulted Entry with Central Apex Ceiling
About This Plan
- The house plan is a single-level home. Matched sets of smooth, painted columns extend a stately welcome, while raised brick trim rims an arched opening that spotlights the entry's graceful, half-round transom. Colorful painted shutters accent multipaned windows, underscored by crisp rows of turned brick.
- Light washes into the vaulted entry through the transom and sidelights. Roomy coat closets line both sides. Standing between them, you're on the leading edge of a delightful, hexagonal great room that forms the core of this plan. Six wedge-shaped sections of ceiling enhance the sense of spaciousness by joining at central apex.
- Glass fills most of the three rear walls offering a bright panoramic view. A set of French doors at center swings out to access a covered patio. These doors are crowned by another half-round transom, similar to, but smaller than, the one over the front entry. The masonry fireplace nestled into an inner corner provides color and warmth on winter days and nights.
- A long, raised eating and conversation bar marks the boundary between the kitchen and great room. Other noteworthy features include: a pantry and work island, plus abundant counter and storage space. Utilities are out of sight.
- The master suite is well-isolated from the secondary bedrooms. It boasts two large walk-in closets, along with an oversized shower. One of the secondary bedrooms is larger than the other, and also has a walk-in closet. These bedrooms share a bathroom, and the hallway here offers direct access to the two-car garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,161 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,161 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 84' 2"
- Depth: 83' 2"
- Max ridge height: 23' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 615 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss