Vaulted Foyer and Two-Story Great Room
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- European elements show up in the clipped gables, arched and shuttered windows, ornamental coach lights, and graceful cast iron balcony.
- Entering, you step from the porch into a vaulted foyer where light streams down through a slender arched dormer window above. Straight ahead, the foyer opens out into an expansive two-story great room where windows flank a wide-hearthed fireplace on the rear wall.
- Just past the stairs, the dining area is completely open to this large space, as is the kitchen to the dining area. Sliding glass doors lead out onto a covered patio that could be screened, if desired.
- Kitchen features include: a roomy walk-in pantry, large work island, and built-in appliances. Standing at the kitchen sink, you can watch the seasons change outside, or converse with people in the nook and living room. Laundry appliances are nearby, next to a powder room and direct access to the two-car garage.
- The owners' suite is in a wing by itself, with no rooms overhead. It has a classic tray ceiling, and a luxurious bathroom with twin sinks, claw foot tub, walk-in shower, and private toilet. Sparkling glass blocks line the passageway into the shower. The suite's commodious walk-in closet even has a built-in dresser with an arched window above it.
- From the railed loft on the second floor, you can overlook the great room. Two bedrooms, a bathroom and a large bonus room are also on the upper level. Both bedrooms have walk-in closets, and the bonus room also offers plenty of storage space, in a sloped-ceiling closet opposite a windowed dormer.